BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Forget your troubles c'mon get happy, You better chase all your cares away...

Today was a good day. It's been a while. So although I know that recounting one's day in a blog is about the lamest thing you can do, I'm doing it.

It started out with an interview for a job which I didn't think went so well. I skulked back to my car pleading with the heavens for this job. I am just so desperate! At home, I settled myself down for the familiar wait for the call which would never come. I was just drifting off to a nap when my phone rang-- with a 422 number! I GOT A JOB!!! I'll be working at the candy counter in the BYU bookshop. I'll be a true candyman, so I can sing the Willy Wonka song. I took the job immediately, but there's a hitch in what I wish could be celebratory, wild abandonment. They offered me a different shift than what I applied for. I'll be working from 10:45 to 2:30 Monday through Friday, which conflicts with Young Company. I'm not really sure what I should do, but at the moment I'm waiting for my training meeting on Friday to see if anyone could cover my shifts or something. I'm hoping hoping hoping. I do NOT want to quit Young Company. I think it would kill a small part of my soul if I had to give up theatre for cold hard money. And I would be appalled and ashamed by my behavior; dropping a show after being committed for months is unacceptable. But I need this job. I'll just have to make it work out.

I spent the day reading, (Atonement by Ian McEwan), and then started the movie which came in the mail today from Netflix: Little Voice. I was really liking it, but tore myself away to go to my first Hamlet rehearsal. It's such fun, I love being in this group. I moved on to my Macbeth rehearsal which was supposed to consist of our first full runthrough. But, due to missing cast members, we worked on some witch scenes and then moved on to animal imagery! I loooove this technique of exploring character.Perhaps because one of my favorite games as a kid was to just pretend I was an animal. As soon as I decided on my animal (a wolf who had been shunned by her pack), I immediately saw changes. It was exhilerating, and I can't wait to get back to rehearsing. I love this feeling. I love acting.

And then back to the movie. I loved it! Jane Horrocks is my hero. And her name was Laura! I wish I had a Judy Garland film in reach to watch immediately. I love when you watch a movie you know nothing about, and you unexpectedly Love it. It's such a delight.

I also love when you're really hungry and food, even if it's as simple as bread, tastes so much better than it usually does.

I love unexpected connections in life. It makes me feel like my life truly is cohesive and means something.

I love being part of a group of people who are behaving like animals on the grass as a bridal party passes, staring.

I love how incredibly wonderful going to bed feels after a filled and exhausting day.

I love watermelon.

I love DVDs. I love their incredible quality of picture and sound. I try to avoid videos at all costs.

I love that I can trust that everything will work out. If I didn't have this comfort to fall back on, I would worry way too much. There's someone looking out for me.

0 comments: