BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

"What good is it to live with nothing left to give...

Forget but not forgive,
Not loving all you see?"

~Coldplay's Swallowed in the Sea



My friends who watch rated R movies were all in rehearsal or working. Why was I hesitant to go to a movie by myself when I was totally willing to see shows alone in London? There was no day but today to do it, so I set off for an evening on my lonesome. With great films to keep me company, I wasn't lonely at all. As I had to go to SLC to see a certain film recommended by a friend, I might as well see the other I was dying to see but which wasn't being offered in Provo. So first I saw Millions, read for half an hour in a Starbucks, and proceeded to Me and You and Everyone We Know. As I was watching these great films, I did want to be sharing the experience with someone, but it was because the movies were so good I wanted to spread the love! On the other hand, because I was by myself, they seemed like this incredible gift just for me, which made the films really personal.



I'm bursting at the seams! All three films I experienced today are so incredible and uplifting. As I left the last theatre of the day (I watched the last twenty minutes of Howl's Moving Castle after my second film), I was filled with so much love! So much love which bounced around my car uselessly, since I had no one there to share it with. But I felt like dancing in the streets and singing as loud as I could and taking advantage of all the relationships in my life and giving all of my money to people suffering around the world and living life to the fullest and having a significant other with whom to do it all! I'm sitting in my apartment bursting with love towards everything and everyone but trying to be as quiet as possible while my roommate slumbers on in the lovesac. I want to pounce on her and make her abandon her plans for tomorrow to go to Salt Lake instead. But she is not so irrational as myself.

Go see Millions. This is a piece of advice I can give to anyone, regardless of your film taste or rating preference. (I could say the same of Howl, but I know many of you have seen it.) Search it out, I know you will love it. What makes it all the more wonderful is that it was created by the director of Trainspotting. Not everyone will love Me and You and Everyone We Know. It's one of those films you have to be careful about who you share it with, because some just won't appreciate it. It always makes me sad when people don't share my love for a film. You have to be picky with this one.

))<>((

Oh goodness.

1 comments:

Debra Darling said...

I love it how you watch films. I seriously wish I could be like you in your film going, pop-culture knowing, book reading, self. Or I at least wish you would give me all of your zest and knowledge of and for such things in life.