BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 11, 2006

"She keeps working to make connections..."

"...but the pile of near-misses is starting to overwhelm her. What Mirabelle needs is an omniscient voice to illuminate her and spotlight her. And to inform everyone that this one has value, this one, standing behind the counter in the glove department, and then to find her counterpart and bring him to her."
~Steve Martin, Shopgirl

I know. All I am lately is quotes. Just the sum of all the movies I've seen, books I've read, music I've listened to, people I've encountered.

Well, I haven't had a lonely day in some time, it was bound to happen.

2 comments:

Catherine Elizabeth said...

Do you like Shopgirl? I never read it, but I wasn't too impressed with the movie (besides Jason Shwartzman's dancing of course-loved that).

Anonymous said...

allo!

a lonely day? i love it.
and that quote was beautiful. so many comics are tragic and beauitful and that's how i feel about steve martin. he's got a dog and he plays the banjo and loves southern california. and he knows what it's like to be sad and be the one to blame. what a guy.

thought of you today! think you of lots of days. but today i was like "LAAUAAU!" which is how i say your name in my head. like - without the R

i sign this with my stage name.