BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

snack time

That's right, folks, I am flying the coop. Finally. Heading out. On my own. And the big winner: The Big Apple! About a week ago I finally got the official affirmative on my transfer to the Soho Sephora, the first American store. I am in the middle of applying for a gorgeous apartment in Washington Heights, found by my incredible future roommates, Sara and Sarah. And no, I did not do any of the apartment hunting-- I am so so so lucky. Plenty of craigslist browsing, but no actual leg work or any real contribution at all. But look!
Trees! Close by!

More trees!


Exposed brick!
Shiny!
Beautiful hardwood floors!
No, I do not know that lady.

I am THRILLED. And, frankly, cannot believe my luck. I am moving in two weeks. Things kind of just suddenly fell into place. I have zero pieces of furniture. No bed, nor a bedspread for that matter. But I don't care, because I will be living in the city, and it feels good. GREAT.

I am sad to leave behind some lovely lovely people that I met here. I wish I could bring just about everyone in my Sephora to the store in Soho. But I will be joining several friends in the Big Apple, and hopefully meeting many more. I am a little surprised to end up in NYC. My life plan hadn't included it quite so soon. But that's ok, I'll take it. It's a huge life change, a good one.

Wish me luck moving into my fourth floor walkup. And commuting from just about the top of the island to just about the bottom every day.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Good luck good luck good luck! I am so green-eyed jealous of your beautiful apartment and fabulous new life in NYC!

Elizabeth said...

It looks way stunning.

Sarah said...

Can I just tell you how excited I am that you are moving here! You guys are only about ten blocks up from me!

Amy-Alisa said...

Awesome. I can't wait to see more pics when you get your stuff in. Love the brick and floors. You spoiled thing, you. And, bonus, there's no mirror in this shower. Nice view too.