BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pioneers of Gentrification





I am loving living in Manhattan. Living in New York is a way of life, one that's not for everyone. But I've been drinking it in. I feel like my brain just opened up to possibilities when I moved here. I'm reading more, learning more, going out more, exploring more. I feel like life has a stronger hold on you here. That can be exciting and that can be exhausting.  There are so many opportunities. I've seen a couple plays, a few great films, been to a benefit, and a lecture by one of my favorite photographers (Rodney Smith, work featured above). I also live with a couple of great girls whom I love, and who know how to have adventures.

I am really looking forward to all of the fun and experience I'm going to get here.

I love Central Park. I love farmer's markets.

Life is good. Even when you believe pee is dripping out of your roommate's ceiling. (It was actually really dirty water, but given a couple of other experiences in our apartment, we really thought it was the former.) Being a pioneer has its challenges.

0 comments: