BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 08, 2009

Today I...

consulted with a Solver of Medical Mysteries. I don't have one, I just have an infected cyst. But he saw me anyway because I don't have health insurance. WEIRD experience.


played in the candyland of Dylan's.

picked up a prescription for CHEAP (accidentally).

discovered some beautiful art in the Washington Heights Library (The Three Incestuous Sisters by Audrey Niffenegger). (Who knew the W.H. Library would have such an impressive selection?)
battled with a team of Perseus ne'er-do-wells. It was frustrating. Yes, yes, we certainly do deserve a rent reduction.

went to a conversation with Kenneth Branagh. I love smart people. If he asked me to marry him I would say yes. His two-minute scene brought me nigh to tears.

put the dishes in the dishwasher, and collapsed into my beddingless bed (bed bug exterminators coming tomorrow) to sleep on my side not afflicted with an infected cyst.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how your Urgent Care treatment was, but for future reference, even people without insurance can see a regular doctor on a self-pay basis. The advantage would be you could have a regular doctor with whom you could develop a history, and they charge less for self-pay visits than they would charge the insurance company. I suggest finding a general/family practitioner because they can act as everything.

Except for KB and the library, sounds kind of yucky.

Lindsay Anne said...

You would really marry Kenneth Branagh? If Emma Thompson can't make it work, I don't hold out hope for anyone.

Rebecca said...

Everyone get away from Laura - she has a cyst infected with bedbugs. Are you the inspiration for 28 Days Later?