BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 11, 2004

I should stop wasting your time.

Today was an odd mixture of excitement and disappointment. At the moment, curled up in my bed with the second Romeo + Juliet cd playing the Desiree song on repeat, secluding myself from the world, I am extremely disgruntled. And I'm not sure why, so I can't fix it. All I know is that I want to secede from my life just for tomorrow. Not that tomorrow is extremely horrible, I'm just tired, and all I want to do right now is take some time off.

Today I read a play which I love, "Handing Down the Names" by Steven Dietz. I had decided that I wanted to audition for "Family", which David Morgan is directing, but after hearing Morag rave about the Dietz play last night, I decided to check it out. I love it, and I really really want to be a part of it. Bob is directing, which is unfortunate, but hopefully it will still turn out ok. The play really spoke to me, perhaps because of Family History, which I'm taking this semester. So that was my excitement of the day-- I skipped Family History so I could continue reading. I also chose my monologue for the Cymbeline audition.

Then I went to Bus Stop, where I just don't want to be anymore. I don't like this backstage work-- maybe I could enjoy makeup or costumes, but this dresser work is boring. At least I'm there with people I like. It sounds like "A Generation Raised in Propriety" is going to be shut down, which makes me extremely disappointed, frustrated, angry, and any other synonym thereof. I'm still really not in a good place with Kevin, which is kind of wearing on me. I don't like being upset with people, it's very disrupting. But I think it's definitely his place to set things right, I already tried.

Disappointment (Dogville), after disappointment (Generation). Hopefully the next disappointment won't be Handing Down the Names.

I have a lot of homework to do. Instead I'm doing this. Not a good sign.

0 comments: