BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.

Virginia Woolf, reiterated by the amazing Julie Glover. I feel priveleged to know this girl. She moved me to tears today, with one simple, but never just simple, paragraph:

"So, write yourself something, in songs, in poems, in rants or dance, with brushes, equations, paints or blushes, black and white or color splashed, just give yourself something that isn't so sad, that isn't so ill-willed, just for a single moment, just try to be happy with your own skin, with your own thoughts, with your own experiences, just to see how it feels."

Julie is one of the most intriguing, complex, amazing people I know. I hope I don't lose touch with her. That entry meant a lot, the last part especially connected, though I don't know if it was more for her close friends at school.

Our highschool clan has grown apart. I knew it would happen. But it's sad just the same. Simultaneously, it's the way things are. At least we still hang out when we're home, it's not like we won't speak to each other. And I still care about them deeply. It's harder to say what they feel about me since we hardly ever talk-- but I am just as much at fault in that area as anyone else. I just remember at the end of senior year when we loved each other so much and I dreaded with my whole being the day when we wouldn't be as tight as that. But it's here, and I'm still living. And hopefully when I'm home in a few weeks, I'll remember this and take as much time as possible with them. Because they're amazing people.

It's a Badly Drawn Boy day.

The last few weeks of school are always rough-- but why do they always feel like they're the roughest they've ever been? At least I'll be prepared this semester with my proficiencies monologues. I'll be desparately glad to fly away home again. I feel like I haven't been there for ages. Though it will be so weird to not see Sylvia or Logan for two weeks.

Severin's coming home on Thursday, which is incredible. These past two years have flown by, but I feel ages older. I'm not just a different shade, but almost a different color. Almost. I feel... relieved that Severin will be back. It'll be interesting to see how our friendship will be different, and to see how much is still the same.

It's also a cocoa day.

Peace and Love.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura!

I was just checking your blog to see when you'd be home! (I read it more frequently on my computer at school because I have it bookmarked, I'm actually thinking about starting one of these, but we shall see if a conversion occurs.) I wanted to note how mature and articulate your writing is and how I'm very much impressed and intrigued and have gone through and read this entire blog, haha.

Anyway, thank you for this, I'm glad that someone read it and that someone understood. Aw, I miss you and thank you for such kind, kind words, you have no idea how much this means to me. I fully intend on printing this up so anytime I have a bad day I can read it and feel a million times better.

And Laura, we, well, at least I, still feel the same way about you. I know this is not the soul dynamic to your personality, but your faith always astounds me. I feel like I've lived a life millions of miles away from everyone else in Pittsford and I also feel quite old and jaded sometimes, but your faith is always committed, omnipresent, solid, far-reaching, and although it will last an eternity, it's youthful. And, of course, it is beautiful.

But there's other things about you that always make me smile, how you're always so bright-eyed, how you're not afraid to be passionate, how you're not afraid to read outside of yourself to gain experience.

You really are an inspirational young lady (please know that).

And also, when are you coming home?

Julie