BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 17, 2006

"I hear in my mind all this music, and it breaks my heart"

Infidelity by Regina Spektor

On Thursday I had to do a favor for my sister which required me to drive all the way to Heber. I was happy to, I love driving through the canyon! I had this big project due on Thursday and it was kind of a reward after staying up late working on that to drive in glorious mountains and air and trees. It was so beautiful it broke my heart. I know that sometimes I may complain a lot about Utah, but I seriously appreciate having been able to experience the beauty of these mountains. And the sunsets. And the spiral jetty. I just wish I could have explored more in my time here. I know there are countless beauties which I have no idea are out there. That makes me sad. I wish I had a personal guide to Utah's beauties, someone who knew what I would like, someone who would make me put down the book or homework or movie and get out there.

When I was little I would wish that my eyeballs could have tiny cameras inside I could control with my mind so that I could take pictures of everything I saw as I saw it, without the use of my hands, without anyone knowing, without taking the trouble of pulling out a camera and turning it on, etc. It would be so much more efficient than a normal camera. I certainly wished the same thing as I was driving.

0 comments: