BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 08, 2007

I am a tragic hero

Suffice it to say, I'm not expecting any offers. Slate seems to have everyone fighting over him. NYU wanted to see a third piece: my song! Was I expecting to have to sing? Definitely not. Boo.

Conclusion: It was a really rough few days. I didn't do quite as well as I wanted to, but I didn't totally choke either, though the week did include a breakdown. But I think I learned a lot, and I'll be damn well prepared for next year.

Boo. My endeavors of the last few months don't seem to go too well.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura,

It's Julie, from high school. I'm in my school's library attempting to write about a Rudyard Kipling short story, but, alas, my mind wanders. I remembered you and your internet blog that I have occasioned and thought (not as a matter of procrastination, I assure you) "I haven't heard from nor about Laura in ages."

Rather than a blog comment, I'd like to send you an e-mail! Or a letter! Whatever you prefer! My e-mail address is jglover@oswego.edu and I would very much like to hear from you!

Although life hits us with many smacks, I've always been very assured that you would make your dreams come true. And that is an inspiration. And whenever I think of you, your dreams, your imagination and your love for life and art and all things brimming with the intense emotions of human nature, I feel warm; you've always given off such a sense of warmth. It's hard to come by in a world filled with too many cold people.

Please take care!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Julie