BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 18, 2008

A Good Day

Yesterday I worked from 8:30 am to 10:30 pm with a one hour break which I used to drive home and change my clothes. And today was the first day I've had off for almost two weeks. So maybe no matter what it was going to be a good day just because it was a break.


But it also included:
-sleeping in
-spending hours in the sun reading magazines
-gardening
-talking to two friends on the phone
-great Indian food
-a trip to Wegmans
-watermelon
-my Sephora paycheck

Today was sunny and so warm it was hot when you spent an hour in direct sunlight. Life is so much better in upstate new york when it is sunny and warm.

I love that I've been working so much lately. But yesterday it just got to a point that I needed a break. And I think a 14-hour workday is understandably a bit much when it's all in retail. But it also included some training from Julio, the first national makeup artist of Nars Cosmetics. And he came and trained us. I was a little floored. (Nars is a high-end cosmetics line that works a lot with fashion shows... Julio has made up some very famous models.)

I have more money in my bank account right now than I think I've ever had at one time. And of course relatively it's still not much, but it does feel nice. Fortunately and unfortunately I now have discounts at Sephora, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Anthropologie, and Urban Outfitters. So saving money and not spending it is a little more difficult. Because it's like everything's on sale.

1 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE anthropologie. Good luck staying away from their hot hot dresses.