BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Big Spender

Big Spender

Fun Denver Fact of the Day: Prostitutes don't dress like prostitutes here, they look like you and me. So if you find yourself in some seedier parts of town (Colfax, don't walk down that street), you will find yourself getting cat calls and people asking how much you are because they think you're a prostitute. I will be staying away from Colfax.

First thing today: Voice. There's a duo teaching it and they're great fun. I'm excited. BYU is such good training, I feel so prepared for what we do here, so prepared to go into an MFA program, and I would feel so prepared to go out into the world if there was more audition experience involved at BYU. We're repeating some stuff I've already been taught, but review is good, and it's from different people so it is slightly different. And we go beyond what I've been taught. Hurray BYU.

Well we had our first hip-hop class. It was fun, kind of crazy, beyond my abilities, but a good time was had by all. The teacher is great, and pretty attractive. Really, I give it a whole-hearted try, but I am not hip-hop material my friends. I just pretend to be. The teacher just has it, that attitude, and it's just not in my body. I have more respect for all the hip-hoppers on SYTYCD. As long as it's choreographed hip-hop. This class led me to the conclusion that when I move to wherever I move to, I should enroll in a dance class. Hopefully they'll have something at my gym, but I need to start dancing because it is a workout, but fun. And memorizing choreography is good for your brain. I am happy to say that I'm more in shape than I used to be, I know I would have had a harder time with the class a year ago.

And who showed up in my hip-hop class? Susannah! She just graduated from NTC and was at BYU at the beginning of my time here. I thought she would be out of town, but she is teaching the teen intensive. I think I'm going to go to church with her on Sunday, I'm so glad I get to talk with her! (Catherine, she's moving to NYC at the end of summer and wonders if you remember her).

Something I forgot about yesterday is that I kind of got into a mormon ramble. I've been oddly self-conscious of the fact that I'm mormon and I came from BYU...

0 comments: