BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Feel da rhythm.



I wore pajamas all day today (until I came here to Starbucks) and it was deelightful. Why did I wear pajamas all day, you may ask. No, it's not because I woke up late or enjoy being lazy. It's because we had a movement filled day today. We began with Scene Study, but since I went yesterday, I had today off. (And our instructor finished the class with some encouraging words, which was nice. She's very blunt, but she knows it, and wanted to make sure we were ok with that. I do like her.)

Next, Afro-Cuban Dance! Now I certainly don't shimmy well, and body rolls and pelvic thrusts are also a bit coordinated for my body. But I can feel the rhythm and respond, which is so much of what this is about. And I can feel the earth beneath me feet and give back to the world through my dance. It's still hard, (there was plenty of sweat happening), but I think I'm going to like this even better than hip hop. This dance I can find in myself somewhere. Nola, our instructor, is very... mystical? She's very in tune, I should say.

I'm getting more comfortable with the people here. We're kind of relaxing into each other now. It's nice.

Voice in the afternoon where we incorporate a wee bit of yoga, and then Movement again.

Now, feeling pleasently worn out, I'm in Starbucks while it's raining outside, I love rain. And I love it even more when I'm sitting inside with cocoa. I like how unpredictable, variable, the weather is here. It can be hot and sunny in the morning, and cool and rainy in the afternoon. It makes life interesting, and if you don't like the weather, you don't have to wait long for it to change.

I promised myself I'd go first tomorrow in Extended Character with my monologue, so I better get home and work on it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm excited about your decision to go first! BOLDNESS=I LIKE!