BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

and let slip the dogs of war

That's my favorite line of Julius Caesar. One of my favorite parts of doing a show at the Castle is seeing these beautiful sunsets as a backdrop for our scenes:







I wish I could get some good shots of the whole show, but of course I am in it, so that's not possible. There were only a couple of points where I could sneak back into the seats to get these. The show is going fine, though our audiences have been rather disappointing so far. But I feel good about what I do, so I really can't ask for much more than that, can I? Casca has this whole backstory and progression which I doubt anyone really catches. But let's just say for a couple of things, that there's a reason why only Mark Antony and myself are wearing the same clothes on the second day in the Senate, I can't eat dinner with Cassia because I have a date with Cinna, I resent being involved in the war as soon as we've killed Caesar but there's nothing I can do about it unless I want to be killed, Cinna pays attention to Lucia which pisses me off, and Brutus is the only honest person I know. He's the real deal. Which is how I end up where I do. Oh drama. I love Casca, and I love her progression throughout the show. There's always something going on with her.

I love Utah sunsets. And I love seeing them from the Castle. Even though it's freaking HOT up there.

Backstage on Saturday, I went to sit down on the ledge by the box office turret. I heard a rustling, looked over, saw a baby rattlesnake! 6 feet away from me! For those who do not know, baby rattlesnakes are more dangerous than adult rattlesnakes because they cannot control how much venom they release. I am a little ashamed to say that I called for the nearest boy. We all stood around, looking at it. It was right by our stageleft entrance, so we needed to do something about it. Someone got near it with a pole and it rattled at us. It moved fast. I was a little scared. I've never seen a rattlesnake before. After a few minutes Rodger parted the crowd to save the day. He took a broomstick out of the turret and, after a few tries successfully flung the rattlesnake over the ledge. I don't know what we would have done without Rodger.

One rattlesnake and one tarantula sighted at the Castle this year. I didn't see either during Macbeth.

I'm staying at my Aunt Susan's house now. I love Aunt Susan, but no matter whose house it is I do not love staying in other people's houses. I constantly feel like I have to creep around. Which I'm sure isn't necessary, I just feel that way. And since Aunt Susan doesn't have wireless, I would love to blog way more than I do, but that won't be happening. My blogs would also, probably, be of better quality. Not just an update on my life.

I can't wait to have my own place again. Unfortunately, who knows when that will be. All the bulletins on the Institute housing list for Seattle are out of date. Fabulous. Really helpful.

I am a photo editor at a picture website company.
Things about my job which I love: I can go in whenever I want. They're way laid back. I can listen to my iPod all day long. I'm doing something that actually has a connection to something I have a passion for.

Things about my job which are no so desirable: I see dead people and it makes me nauseous. I see dead animals (lots of hunting pictures) and it makes me feel nauseous. I see lots of naked children which is awkward. I see LOTS of badly framed pictures and it kind of makes me angry. I would say that 1/10th of the pictures I see are good pictures. Since I listen to my iPod all day, I am THOROUGHLY sick of all the music on there.

I am pretty troubled about my housing situation in Seattle.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

great update! keep posting!