BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 25, 2008

My testimony.

I have a testimony of the iPod. It has truly changed my life. While perusing iTunes, and discovering the album below, I thought about how different the soundtrack of my life is now as compared to life before the iPod. Before, I had a lot of showtunes. And of course I still do, but I have so much more now. I have style, I have taste, I have a spring in my step as I walk down New York City streets, and multi-faceted motivation as I run on the elliptical. I had company and a wake-up call as I trudged to school every day. I would have fallen asleep at the wheel many-a-time without my trusty comrade. I was given my iPod one fateful Christmas. It's old-school, no colors on the screen. The click-wheel was the new feature back in those days. I named him Figaro and he has been my constant companion for five years now. I have been steadily gathering music and Figaro is still only half full. Or half empty. He's never been sick (knock on wood) and I would CRY if he were lost/stolen/destroyed in any way. The iPod brought music and expression into my life in a way I'd never before experienced. Growing up in a house of classical radio and instrumental soundtracks, with the occasional song from a sibling's car mix tape, I had no idea there was such an expanse of music out there that I would LOVE. That I could listen to on repeat, hear countless times on my phone's ringtone, and never ever tire of. Music that is indeed me, as my mom had inscribed on the back of Figaro. And now I have music at my fingertips, any time day or night, on glorious iTunes. How I love our age of digital music, and the wee phenomenon, the iPod.


The song you hear RIGHT NOW is from this album.

0 comments: