BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Oh Jo!

I am very touchy about my haircuts. And I am very very nervous about getting my hair cut on Thursday. For the last few years I've been getting my hair cut by the same salon-- good old Shep's-- who never disappointed me. Indeed, they made me love my hair like I never have before. I've had great hair for the past few years, and I think of that part of Little Women when Jo cuts her hair and Amy says "oh your one true beauty!" That's kind of how I think of my hair. I know I'm being totally vain about fixating on my hair like this, and it would serve me right to get a bad hair cut and then just have to live with it, but my auditions! I have put my haircut off as long as I could, now I must get it cut because I must look my best for my week o' auditions coming up. It really helps if you can be confident in looking your best when you enter that realm of judgement and anxiety.


I have returned to Shear Ego because I have no clue where else to go. It's good enough for snobby Pittsford women, hopefully it will be good enough for me? I am a little worried that it's good enough for the old women, not the young hip ones... I am hoping that this is a good place because if you have the moola to spend you can get your hair cut for $90. I have opted for the level of Master Stylist, which is the second of five levels. Who knows what the titles are for the three levels above Master. But my worries were certainly not put at rest when I was put on hold to listen to advertisements for Shear Ego's different spa treatments delivered through an extremely fake British accent. Why? WHY? If you feel the need to define your spa by a British accent, please find someone who can do it right. Like me.

0 comments: