BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 05, 2007

p-Shaw



I am so excited. I love the Shaw Festival. I love Niagara-on-the-Lake and it's supposed to be a beautiful weekend. I am going by myself, which is sad, but I am just so excited to be there! Tomorrow I am seeing "A Month in the Country", an adaptation of Turgenev by Brian Friel. Chekhov era, looks Great. And next week I am seeing "Summer and Smoke" by Tennessee Williams, my favorite Tennessee play! I am so excited! I haven't been to the Shaw Festival for years and the fall foliage is going to be gorgeous and I love the little shops. I would also really like to see Saint Joan and Tristan, a new musical. But I'm not rich.

The only unhappy news: I missed the auditions for next year. Damn. I'm really quite unhappy about that. The cutoff for registration was August 23rd, and that was before I knew I was moving back to NY, so I can't beat myself up about it too much.

I really can't wait.

In other news: just one letter of recommendation to go before I can apply for substituting. This last one is a little slippery, but hopefully I can get it soon. This whole process has me worried about my grad school recommendations, I think it must be so much easier to get these things when I'm in Provo with the professors reminding them with my face every day.

2 comments:

Sara said...

So jealous, Summer and Smoke is definately my favorite Tennessee Williams as well. All I want is to direct a really really awesome version of it someday.
And thanks for the comment on my blog I love love love it. Maybe you will come and go to the Cloisters with me?

Be rich. With me. In New York.

Amy-Alisa said...

Sounds cool. So, how are you financing these weekends of bliss, oh jobless and swearing one? Just curious.