BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

to fill the gaping void left by Gilmore Girls


I caught this show tonight after the gym and was DEElighted. I had been indisposed to watch it merely because I've seen commercials for it before every movie I've seen in Provo for the last few months and the commercial didn't make it look that great. And I was sick of seeing the commercial over and over. But watch the first episode online somewhere friends because I knew it would be added to my weekly lineup five minutes after it started. I would be sad if you just caught it next week and didn't get to see how it all started. The writing is great, the people are great, the idea is new and innovative. I don't believe I've really ever seen that main guy before but he's doing very well indeed.

And do you recognize this girl? I do.

From one of my favorite BBC miniseries! I love her and always have though I've only seen her in Our Mutual Friend and A Midsummer Night's Dream. She is just great and I couldn't be more delighted that she is gracing America's network television.


Other notes on TV: When I finally got to watch Greys Anatomy on Friday I realized how much I'd missed it. Private Practice is underwhelming. I hope the magic doesn't leave The Office now that Pam and Jim are hooked up, but they couldn't have drawn it out longer so what are you gonna do? I laughed out loud several times during the premiere so that's a good sign. Man I love that show.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey - Last night I watched the premiere of Pushing Daisies online and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sara said...

Pushing Daisies will be awesome. I'm so ready for a good TV show, because Grey's Anatomy- Not doing it for me anymore...I was really bummed.
Hey- did you see that 2 Days in Paris movie that's out? Julie Delpy is in it AND directed it. I'm so excited.