BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I trust you.

I laughed out loud a few times today reading a brief description of Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark, a musical slated to hit Broadway in January 2010.


Spiderman, a musical. Doesn't sound like a good idea, but ok. A $40 Million musical. ?!?!?!?! That's pretty much the most expensive musical ever, btw. U2 wrote the music for it. And they invented a new villain because all of the comic book ones obviously weren't enough... Swiss Miss. Whose costume includes rotating knives? This all sounds pretty wacked out to me.

And the director is none other than the amazing Julie Taymor.

Which is when it occurred to me: this could be the worst idea ever, or it could be A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Because Julie's on board.

Here's a description of a sort of preview they did this past week. I'm excited.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI - Julie Taymore is CA-RAZY. This show sounds perfect for her.