BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 02, 2009

yummy in my tummy

aaaaah, San Francisco. It's temperate, and the air isn't bone dry. 50-60 degrees. No coats. A scmorgasbord of architecture. Chillax is in the air. THERE ARE LEAVES ON THE TREES. When I saw that, I didn't want to tear my eyes away. My eyes were just eating it. Last night, coming home from dinner, we passed a little landscaped not-even-garden outside of an office building-- I almost dived over the railing into the green vegetation and flowers. No joke. But I was pretty sure my fellow Sephora girls whom I'd just met would think I was a little odd. I am supposed to be making friends, after all.

One of the most delightful things about traveling on Sephora's money is that they give me a per diem for dinner every day. As you know, I've been laying off the eating out lately, so I am pretty much in heaven right now what with leaves on the trees and ocean and chillax attitudes in addition to eating out every night. I am staying in the Nob Hill area I think, which is supposed to be pretty trendy-- there are plenty of great restaurants around and my doorman seems to know where all of them are. Last night we wanted Thai, he sent us to :

Delicious. Local ingredients (how many times can I say I love you San Francisco?) And since I have a per diem, I can get an appetizer AND dessert. Talk about spoiled.

Tonight we wanted sushi, doorman sent us to:



Barley tea + edamame+ miso soup + Pokemon roll + Philadelphia roll + fresh mango mousse with fruit + all organic + very hip atmosphere = a very contented Laura. I will probably be visiting again before I leave.

Oh yes, and my work is going fine. Today we learned about learning styles and presentation skills. Everyone promises me that it's going to get INTENSE, so let me enjoy my sushi in peace. Here's a little picture of the binder I found sitting on my desk this morning:
I included my hand so you could maybe get a sense of the size of this binder to scale. It is the most massive binder I've ever seen. I feel that it will add 15 lbs. to my suitcase on the way home. Good times.

1 comments:

Hailey said...

I want to go to San Francisco and eat sushi! And you short hair is adorable!