BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Like a skein of loose silk blown against a wall...

She walks by the railing of a path in Kensington Gardens,
And she is dying piece-meal
of a sort of emotional anemia.
. . .
In her is the end of breeding.
Her boredom is exquisite and excessive.
She would like some one to speak to her,
And is almost afraid that I
will commit that indiscretion.

--Ezra Pound, from "The Garden"


This weeked I got food poisoning, which was horrible. But you know you're really an actor when you go through something awful, and while you're vomiting you're thinking "Remember how this feels, I can use it!" I am now quite a bit behind on my schoolwork, which is not pleasant.

Stephen Dietz came to rehearsal tonight, which I was a bit worried about. But he was really nice, and gave us some really great comments which the cast, and crew, really needed to hear. A couple of my favorites: "These people aren't living in a moment in history-- they're living." "I've written a lot of closures into this play, which was my mistake. But in life, people don't have closures, they just keep moving on." That second one was paraphrased quite a bit.

Chris Clark read my palm today, which was quite interesting. Here's what he read: I had a pretty happy childhood, until about 10 or 11, at which time, something happened which caused me to split myself into two. I'm still that way, and will continue that way until about 25, at which time something else big will happen. It's not necessarily something bad, perhaps it's the birth of a child. I've already met the man I'm going to marry. (what?!) And I'll get married in a few years. I'll have two kids (a bit surprising...) Education is very important to me, and I will get my Masters degree. When I'm 40, someone close to me will die, though it won't be a child or my husband-- perhaps a parent. It's important to me to be taken seriously, I'm concerned about Global issues like hunger, war, etc. I have a mean streak, though I hide it. I will have one main profession, probably motherhood, and I will feel fulfilled by it. I will have something on the side though, which could be acting. I will die at about 75, and I'm going to go crazy. My husband won't die (meaning he'll be here at the 2nd Coming).

In what I can tell presently, it seems pretty accurate. Crazy. But if I really have met the man I'm going ot marry, what is the holdup? Chris learned how to read palms on his mission, he knocked on the door of an old gypsy woman who taught him and his companion after they taught her the first discussion, though she wasn't interested in joining the church.

Tomorrow: big catchup day. D&C, fail me now.

0 comments: