BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Officially an Adult

I'm old. And feeling unusually lonely. Which perhaps may be occurring due to the unusual imminence of Valentine's Day, or the copious amounts of Gilmore Girls, season 1 which I've been voratiously watching.

My birthday has definitely turned out better than I expected. Amy, Travis, and Luke drove into town just to come to my birthday dinner, despite snow on the mountains, which was really nice. It meant a lot to me. I received unexpected gifts, received many birthday salutations, and found that one of my dreams has come true: there's a cafe in Provo which has the right atmosphere + decaffeinated products for Laura to buy in large amounts. A haven in the conservative environs of Utah.

I experienced my first blind date, which wasn't great, but it wasn't intolerably horrible either.

And now I must go plunge myself into additional Valentine's celebrations. I can't wait for the day when Valentine's means more than an optimistic, trying to distance my loneliness, let's celebrate love in general day.

I hope this next year treats me well.

0 comments: