BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Just listen to the song, don't watch-- the video is distracting

Listening to this song has made me realize that I'm doing pretty awesome for myself. I remember when I could barely imagine that I'd be on acting track, much less pursuing acting as a career. I was so afraid, so unconfident. I was crippled by my self-doubt, and by the perceived doubt of others. And although my confidence isn't where it should be, it's so much better than it was. I am doing what I dreamed. And that rocks. And I'm kind of doing better than if I found "a way back to then" because I didn't often dance in the backyard. More often I danced locked in my room where no one could see. It's been hard to get to where I am, but I'm here because of my own dreams and hard work. And I think that's something to be proud of.

And there you are,
Right in the middle of what you love
With the craziest of company
You're having a kickass time
And being who you wanted to be in this world.
You're that little girl with her wings unfurled
Flying again.
Back in the backyard, dancing.
I found a way back to then.

0 comments: