BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend woes

I feel that weekends are generally very important. During the week I am going going nonstop and weekends provide much needed relief; an opportunity to wind down. Lately they've been much more relaxing as I haven't even had rehearsals on Saturdays. And I think that some good recreation time is extremely important to the productivity in a week. But I also have a problem with weekends-- all of my 'projects' that I'm working on, life goals we could say, grind to a halt on the weekends. I'm not good at doing homework on weekends, there's just something about all that time that makes me want to put off doing homework forever; my eating plan goes haywire, I eat horribly when I don't have the structure school gives me; I have yet to make it to the gym on a Saturday. Instead of being productive when I have the most opportunity to do so, I laze the day away. Sometimes this is nice, and sometimes-- like this weekend-- it just makes me feel like crap. I woke up this morning, and instead of feeling rested and rejuvenated, optimistic about life and ready to tackle my goals, I felt like a lump. A lump that wanted to stay in bed.

And for the first time, I kind of wished school was over. What?! It's true. I just thought, how much simpler life will be when, instead of juggling classes, a job, and a production, I will just be juggling a job and a production. Well, I don't expect that feeling to last long. And indeed, I don't really like that feeling. But perhaps at least I won't just feel like crying when I graduate.

0 comments: