BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 12, 2007

When a door closes...


What? I am graduated. Craziness. Well, I've been fearing the end since September, and I thought I might freak out about finishing school, but I haven't. It is very possible that it just hasn't sunk in yet, and it may not until September when I always have the back-to-school urge. But for now, I feel alright. Weird that I'm done with school, something that I've been doing almost my whole life... Graduation was a little unreal because none of us felt like it was really the end, probably because we had our NYC trip the next week. I'm kind of glad I'm sticking around Provo for the summer, I think it will give me a nice, gradual send-off. Then when I do go, I'll be ready for it.


Here are a bunch of us in the Tunnel before filing onto the stage. By the by, who came up with these very silly hats? Who thought they were a good idea?


I loved how small our convocation group was, not only was the program pretty short, but it just felt a lot more personal. It was nice. The BFA students were all on the back row, I'm glad they didn't make us sit alphabetically. We kind of felt like the bad kids back there, whispering and joking through the presentations. But don't worry, we were listening. I loved how encouraging the speakers were to us. I think we so often hear how hard it's going to be, how impractical what we've chosen to do is, (not that that doesn't have its place), it was nice to ultimately feel encouraged. And I'm glad all the parents and families got to hear how important it is to encourage LDS artists in our society.


The week felt really packed and rushed, and I wished I had more time to just chill with family and friends, but it was nice to be with them as much as I was. Thinking back, I can't believe Senior Recital was the same week as all this craziness! I was so glad that my Dad, Amy, and Eric could be there for senior recital and showcase. It meant a lot to me. I think I've done some of my best work in both of those classes.


Finals, grading, family, showcase, graduating... there was a lot to juggle during graduation week, when it was all over and we were all heading to NYC, I felt fun and fancy free. Bring it on, New York.

0 comments: