BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 25, 2007

where there's a whip...

Here I am at my temp job. It kind of sucks. It's really easy, but I hate jobs where I don't feel like I'm DOING anything. I answer phones, survey people, make sure sales representatives aren't deceiving anyone and ripping them off. Because they do that. I hate them. But I am so grateful for this job at the same time-- I thought I wouldn't be working at all these three random weeks that I'm home, so working at all is fantastic. But everyone's here just to make money, they don't care about security systems, they don't care about the people who are buying the security systems-- it's depressing. And frustrating. I don't care either. It makes me feel kind of wretched.

The best thing about this job is that when you're not getting calls, you can play online. So instead of sitting and staring at the cubicle wall (or gazing out the one and only window because I feel like maybe my eyeballs get some vitamin D just by looking outside-- I sit as near to it as I can)I can check email, read blogs, anything but myspace. Here are the blogs which have gotten me through the past two weeks, courtesy of Catherine:

www.gofugyourself.typepad.com

www.whatblows.blogspot.com

One's a fashion blog of celebrities looking bad. For some reason, it makes me feel better to know that they make horrendous fashion mistakes. It's also very entertaining to read. The other one is a great blog about theatre in NYC. I have now read the past year's worth of archives in both blogs. Now what? Maybe I'll finally turn to my Chekhov which I should have been reading the whole time. But it's hard to read Chekhov in two minute increments.

I do not feel like I can do this for another five hours. Much less another five days. But I must! And I'm grateful for it!

0 comments: