BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 01, 2008

It's a privilege to pee

My hydracoach is my new best friend. As some of you may know, I hate water. I hate drinking it. I hate that I have to drink it. I am chronically dehydrated. Which, my trainer man told me, is not good for losing weight. It is also not good when you are auditioning and you're way nervous, and your mouth is dry as a bone! So this time around in Chicago, I will be so hydrated I will have to pee every hour. I got the hydracoach yesterday as an advanced birthday gift. I started using it at 5:00 PM, and by the time I went to bed at 3 AM, I had drunken at least 70 ounces. I say at least because my hydracoach wasn't entirely working at the beginning so I drank probably a bottle full of water that was not measured. Today, I have drunk 103 ounces! My hydracoach goes everywhere with me. That is key. I know it's silly that it takes this water bottle to get me to drink water, but for whatever the reason, (the numbers? the straw?) this is the best I've done with my water goal, which I've had for 8 months. Hurray for me and my new friend.


And yes, it is 2:48 in the morning, and yes, I have to work at 8:30. But here's my reason:

My auditions are next week. I have had trouble coming up with times to practice my pieces since I rarely have the house to myself and feel uncomfortable working on my pieces when there's someone else here. It's just weird. So I finally had this brilliant idea earlier this week: my mom, the primary pres., has the keys to the church building. So I go down to the church in the middle of the night when there will be no one else there to bother. I'm usually there for a couple of hours because I spend some time singing, and some time working on my four monologues. It's creepy. It's 2 in the morning, and the building creaks, and I imagine I see someone passing by the little window in the nursery door out of the corner of my eye.

Funny story:
Tonight some cops showed up as I was going in. They thought I may be a highschooler making trouble. But I explained myself and everything was fine. THEN, at 2 in the morning, I heard a car in the parking lot, doors opening and closing. I read a lot of Nancy Drew when I was little and it has permanently affected me. Pretty much every night, I think someone has broken into our house and is going to chloroform me and kidnap me or some such equal or worse horror. So I was scared. I knew Slate was still awake so I called him to just be on the phone in case it was someone up to no good. I stood there in the nursery, trying to decide what to do for probably two minutes. Eventually I opened the door and just listened for a while... and I heard noises! SOMEONE WAS IN THE BUILDING!!! My heart quickened as I gathered my courage to say 'Hello?' And then someone answered and he sounded totally normal and I felt much better. Don't ask me why this man from the Fairport ward just had to make copies at 2 in the morning in the library, but I'm sure he thought I was equally or more strange when I was yelling at King Henry in the nursery.

And now Slate thinks I am crazy. But really-- imagine it's 2 in the morning and you are a girl. Better safe than sorry, right?

1 comments:

Sara said...

Don't be afraid. I think you could put up a good fight. I'm excited to hear about how Chicago goes for you this time round- I think you'll do great though, really great. You're good at what you do, so just do what you do.
Ya know?