BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 12, 2007

My new job:



I will hopefully also get offers from the stores I mentioned below, so please give me your thoughts. *insert "A Penny for your Thoughts" from Waiting for Guffman*

But I am definitely going to be a beauty maven in this French store. The first time I went into a Sephora was when I was in Paris in high school. At this point in my life, I didn't really wear makeup, ever, and so this store seemed REALLY fancy and grownup and scary. The second time was in Las Vegas, where it still seemed a little too fancy for me. But I am intimidated no more. The one at Eastview isn't really as nice as the ones I've been in in big cities.

Why I will like this job: Free makeup. Discounted makeup. Lots o' hours. Pretty good wage for retail. Don't have to buy a lot of clothes to wear there, just black pants. Fun staff though all girls. Can transfer to any other store (though I already checked and there are no Sephoras in London!) But most of all, the cosmetic education I will receive! They have classes on all sorts of aspects of makeup application. I hope that one day I will have the skills to look at someone and know what colors will compliment their skin tone and be able to make them up so they look their best.

I do think it's a little odd that I have developed this affinity for makeup. There is a side of me which is pretty au natural, like the vegan side. But I just cannot deny it, I do fulfill the girly stereotypes of liking makeup and spending a long time in the bathroom before I'm ready. At least I don't take a ton of luggage with me on trips-- I am a very light packer.

Why I may not like this job: We'll have to see how things go, but maybe I'll be dealing with a lot of cheerleader-esque girls. Those oh-so-popular snobby Pittsford girls who always look perfect. We'll see. But the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

There's a whole lot of merchandise to familiarise myself with.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

congrats, congrats. I'd like to say here that I think you do a great job with make up. i saw some pictures from that shakespeare where you're in a purple dress and super vampy - i was thinkin DAAAAAANG. maybe you can write byu and ask them for that dress to wear on your first day of work.

Sara said...

I LOVE SEPHORA!!! When I used to work retail in high school (in California) there was a Sephora right underneath my store and I would go in either before or after my shift and this wonderful gay boy would make me up and we would chat and chat and chat and I just LOVED it so so much! I hope that you are that wonderful gay boy for someone like me (I think that he liked me too!) It just seems like a store where you can have a lot of fun. YAY

Catherine Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the job! Does this mean we all get makeovers for Christmas?

Hailey said...

Ooh, sounds very cool. Let me know about special deals! And show them pics of your Goth make-up!