BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Poll: Please Respond

Now I really don't want to jinx myself, but let's say you were in a situation where you had to choose between two jobs.

VS.

Which would you choose? Assuming they pay the same and you'd get the same hours.

Williams-Sonoma: I love the atmosphere, but I don't personally know a ton about their merchandise, so perhaps it would be difficult for me to sell it? I mean, they have a lot of gourmet food in there which I can't/won't eat, so it would be hard to recommend it to anyone else. And though I have an odd LOVE for kitchen things, I don't know a ton about them. Then again, the manager told me I wouldn't be on the sales floor anyway for the Christmas season, so I wouldn't be the go-to girl for cooking advice. I really love to look through the Williams-Sonoma catalogue and wander through their store even though I don't have the money/reason to buy anything in there. And, this job would be a great opportunity to learn more, and as I said, I love the atmosphere of the store which I think will be very important in my happiness there.

Pottery Barn: I don't have an educated background in interior design, but I would LOVE to learn more. The idea of getting to design some rich woman's mantel is really kind of enticing to me (something the manager said I would certainly be asked to do there). It would be great to exercise my artistic side at a job. I also don't know that much about the merchandise in this store. I just know that I really like to thoroughly look through their catalogues. The atmosphere isn't as great here, but it's much less crowded which is nice. And I always have an opinion to give when other people are trying to decide between this set of dishes or that. And I think I have good taste.

Will it irritate me to constantly be helping rich people buy merchandise I will not be able to afford perhaps ever? It's possible. But then again, with a discount maybe I could get those oh-so-colorful mixing bowls. I do think the discount would be more useful/tempting at Williams-Sonoma.

4 comments:

Jenny Donna said...

pottery barn......the discount alone.

Sara said...

If I'm in need of saving money I usually pick a job that I won't be pumping my cash back into. I want to keep all of the money they give me, not give it back to them- you know?
I have no idea what your situation is, but I would work where I would be less inclined to spend the money they give me on them.

And, I have such a fascination with people who know about FOOD.

Elizabeth said...

the one with the cooler boss.

Anonymous said...

WS all the way! But that may be because I fantasize about a deluxe kitchen. I would eat the bread. Do they have bread at Pottery Barn? I've never been there, but I LOVE the friends episode where Phoebe rants about PB, but secretly buys stuff from there...very funny.