BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Quick rundown.

This is what I look like right now. I think I look more haggard in person. Imagine that my communication is in grunts and I shuffle around the house in my slippers. I can barely keep my eyes open even for America's Next Top Model.

This is what led to tonight:

Tuesday PM: Straight from work I drive to Manhattan. I arrive at 11:30ish.

Wednesday AM: Arise early next morning to get me a ticket to 'Mauritius' by Theresa Rebeck. Walk walk walk around NYC, mostly to Rockefeller Center (GIGANTIC Christmas tree, smelling glorious, with ice skaters swirling around and twinkly lights.) I LOVE BEING IN NEW YORK CITY. Visit to Anthropologie= I want to decorate my entire imaginary house from this store. Visit to fancy fancy Sephora on 5th, but customer service not as good as mine. Subway to Alice's Tea Cup to buy two Deelicious scones.

Wednesday PM: Run back up to 152nd to meet Mom, handoff keys, all the way back to Times Square to see Mauritius. So good. I immediately KNOW that my grad school monologue MUST come from this play. (It also includes the worst executed stage combat I have ever witnessed in a professional play.) Immediately after play is over I rush to find a bookstore which sells script. CANNOT because it is not in print!!! WHAT WILL I DO?! Meet the fam, off to dinner, see Cymbeline at Lincoln Center, do not like. Back to 152nd. Sleep kind of late, wake up too early.

Thursday AM: Macy's parade.

Thursday PM: Meet Slate and off to Manhattan's largest cemetery, just around the corner-- so so so pretty, old, and a little creepy. WISH I had brought camera. Step on dead squirrel. Maybe the most disgusting thing that has ever happened to me. Eat delicious food. Go see Dan in Real Life. Walk walk walk Slate to Grand Central Station far away which is Beautiful. First time there. Conversation. Home, and back in the car to drive to Pittsford at 11ish.

Friday AM: VERY bad drive home through snow storms. Am EXhausted. Remember when I promised myself when Katie died that I would NEVER drive at night in winter, especially when tired? Realize I am doing just that. Am scared. Make it home by 4 and fall into bed as soon as possible. Wake up at 9:30 to go to work work work.

Friday PM: Return home. Watch one show online and get into bed.

Saturday AM: Wake up way too early to go to work opening shift.

Saturday PM: Return home, nap for 2 hours, return to work for closing shift. Return home, watch one half-hour show online, get into bed.

Sunday AM: Get up way too early to work opening shift. Assisted in technique class and feel like am on a cooking show. I even made the maple syrup whipped cream, half the waffles, and prepared whipped egg whites all by self. Feel trusted and rose to unexpected occasion. No longer menial robot, contributed.

Sunday PM: Return home, nap for 15 minutes, return to work for closing shift. Return home, watch some tv, blog, and BED.

I am wiped OUT. But I actually am quite enjoying my jobs though my feet are killing me. And I have no life besides working and sleeping and occasional tv.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Unknown said...

Do you live near NYC? Because I'm in Princeton, NJ, so if we're not too far apart I think we should be friends. Is this weird? This is weird. I went to BYU. I met you once, I think. I'm friends with Elizabeth and Sara. They can vouch for me (but after this, will they...?).