BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Well friends, it took me long enough, but I'm finally seriously unpacking. I've been basically living out of my suitcase/boxes since I've gotten here. Except for my movies, tv, and dvd player. Naturally, those were the first things I unpacked. Now of course when I say seriously unpacking, I would say that at least half of my belongings are remaining in boxes in the basement during my stay. But I have my scarves on the wall, my pictures on the wall, picture frames out and displaying, some books on top of the dresser, and I bought a big basket hamper so I have some place to put clothes. Previously, the floor was the only place for them, clean and dirty alike. The room is still predominently a boy room, but girlish things are strategically tucked here and there. And I've got to say it is a relief. I can't wait until I have new bedding-- the hunter green comforter I sleep under screams Eric to me. I am hanging and draping my things everywhere I can. As I believe I've made clear, having MY space is VERY IMPORTANT. It is essential to my happiness. I fondly dream of those days when I actually had my own apartment.

Unpacking like this feels like yet another resignation to staying here. Like I have to firmly say to myself, YET again, that yes I am indeed staying at home for something like 8 months, with a grudgingly conceding sigh. Life is a little surreal. Time is kind of flying by. And I still look around as I'm fixing breakfast and can't believe that I'm here. It feels like this time that I'm spending here isn't actually happening, like when I leave I will go back to being 23, having just graduated college. Unfortunately my house is not an alternate universe.

I've been having trouble sleeping. Even on days when I give myself a really good workout at the gym. If this continues a few more days I will have to search out a yoga class. I should really learn a routine which I can do on my own.

Work should finally start next week if all goes according to plan.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Take a look at Beth Shaw's book on yoga. It has all the basic moves broken down and it gives you a sample class or two.

Anonymous said...

My RS has a yoga enrichment group--Thursdays at 8:30 at the church.