BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

vegan splendor

Here is my favorite poster I ever made, which was sacrificed to the moving gods. It was for my costume design class, and the assignment was to create a research board for any character in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. So this poster includes significant phrases from the play and pictures which supports my oceanic concept. This board is for the character of Olivia, hence the mourning. It reflects period costume ideas for Olivia, a general reflection of her character, and how it fits into the concept.

I went on a walk the other day. I was in the trees, all alone, and I thought, what would I do if I met a creepy man on this trail? I'm in the middle of the woods. Creepy. It also gets so dark here that it's creepier still. There is a lot more unpopulated areas here than in Provo. But the woods were pretty. These are some sights I saw. I need a new camera.




Today I:
finished a book
agreed to nanny for a few days my niece and nephew Lily and Peter/Juma
got started on my graduate school applications
reminded my letters of recommendation people that I need them to apply to be a substitute
did laundry
made a vegan feast for the whole family

Pretty productive considering I woke up at 11, never left the house, and am still in my pajamas. Awesome. But I am going to the gym in an hour so I will be getting dressed.

I made tomato and butternut squash soup, vegetable pasta salad, and sweet potato cornbread. All from scratch. My first all-vegan meal. I can't deny that I was a little impressed with myself, I think everything turned out well. I don't think my family liked it as much as I did-- there is plenty left over for a few days of dinner. But it was autumnal, yummy, healthy, and vegan. It was all whole-wheat, and half organic. Wegmans, the best grocery store ever, has an amazing health food section. I was so impressed.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that looks delicious

Anne said...

I want your recipe for the cornbread. I am always looking for good sweet potato recipes.

Elizabeth said...

eventually you will post some pictures of YOU right?

Erin said...

Yes, I love sweet potatoes and want that recipe too!

Sara said...

That really really looks absolutely amazing. I'm so impressed with you.

Also, this is Sara as in Sara Moncivais. I hope you don't mind that I look at your blog.